ACORN-NS promotes the development and operation of advanced network infrastructure and services in support of health, research and education for the growth of a knowledge-based economy and society in Nova Scotia.
- Promote the use of advanced networking within Nova Scotia.
- Oversee the operation of the Nova Scotia GigaPoP and its connections to the CANARIE national research and education networks.
- Provide approved member institutions access to regional, broadband networks and to the GigaPoP.
- Cooperate with regional carriers in their testing and deployment of innovative technologies and services.
- Facilitate economical access to these networks and to the GigaPoP through the establishment of an optical regional network.