Current Job Postings
Security Analyst - SIEM
Atlantic Canada Organization of Research Networks – Nova Scotia
GRANT-PAID JOB OPPORTUNITY
POSTING DATE: August 08, 2018
CLOSING DATE: August 22, 2018
Atlantic Canada Organization of Research Networks – Nova Scotia (ACORN-NS) is the Nova Scotian representative of Canada’s National Research and Education Network (NREN). The NREN is an essential collective of infrastructure, tools and people that bolsters Canadian leadership in research, education, and innovation. Canada’s NREN is formed of CANARIE and its twelve provincial and territorial partners.
The Security Analyst will be responsible for the Security Information and Event Management System (SIEM) for ACORN-NS and will report to the Technical Lead for ACORN-NS (Associate Director, Engineering Services, Information Technology Services (ITS), Dalhousie University.)
- Perform in a SIEM system administrative environment by providing first point of contact for security related incidents impacting ACORN-NS.
- Work with ACORN-NS and Dalhousie ITS to enhance security resilience of the ACORN-NS network and related infrastructure.
- Deploy, maintain and upgrade security systems (SIEM, Vulnerability Scanners, conduct internal and external security audits.)
- Recommend and install appropriate IT security systems and processes and support the integration of the Incident Response Plan with National Incident Response plans being developed by the community of NREN/CANARIE Security Analysts.
- Advise and make recommendations on the technical life cycle planning implementation and upgrade security measures and controls within the ACORN-NS SIEM system.
- Triage, analyze and prioritize security events, incidents and document tasks.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field with 3-5 years of relevant experience in an operational IT Security environment (such as SOC or CSIRT) (or equivalent combination of training and experience) is required. Candidate must posses strong verbal and written communication skills. Knowledge and experience with SIEM infrastructure and systems and working with Windows, Unix and Linux operating systems is required. Experience with TCP/IP, networking, routing and switching, firewalls, VPN is also essential along with software programing and scripting practice. Experience with virtualization systems like VMware ESXi. Good knowledge of IT Security Frameworks (NIST, CIS, ISO, 27001, etc.). Hands on experience investigating common types of attacks (brute-force, phishing, DDos and data exfiltration).
Status: 35 hours/week
Pay Scale: $58,000 - $78,000 (plus additional benefits)
Duration: 2-year term with the possibility of renewal.
Deadline for application: To be determined.
Interested parties should forward a cover letter and current CV to:
Associate Director, Engineering Services, ITS
We thank all applicants, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The university encourages applications from Aboriginal people, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community. For more information, please visit www.dal.ca/hiringfordiversity